Law Offices of Jan Joseph Bejar A P.L.C.
Resolving Immigration Problems In An Honest & Responsible Manner

How do I prove that I am a U.S. citizen?

Proving that you are a citizen of the United States can depend on your personal history and whether or not you were born in the United States. If you were, in fact, born in the United States, proving citizenship is easy. The only thing that you will need to provide is your birth certificate. If you were not born in the United States, things can be a little more complicated. The following are some frequently asked questions about proof of citizenship.

As a U.S. citizen, how do I register my children as a U.S. citizens when they were born abroad?

You should first contact the U.S. embassy in the country that your children were born in. They will be able to provide information about whether your children can become U.S. citizens and how you should go about registering them.

I was not born in the U.S., but one of my parents was a U.S. citizen when I was born. Does this mean that I can become a U.S. citizen?

This depends on which country you were born in and on what the law was at the time that you were born. This is quite a complex issue and will likely require some legal analysis.

I am a citizen but need proof. How do I do this?

The first option is to apply for a U.S. passport through the department of state. The other option is to apply to USCIS by filling in Form N-600. If you have any questions of struggles in proving your citizenship, it is a good idea to seek assistance.

Source: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, "How do I get proof of my U.S. citizenship," accessed Nov. 24, 2017

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Do You Have A Case Or Question?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy