Jan Joseph Bejar has been practicing Immigration Law in San Diego since graduating the University of San Diego School of Law with a JD degree in 1983. Raised in Mexico City, Mr. Bejar is fluent in both Spanish and English. He is a specialist in Immigration Law, certified as a specialist by the State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization. In addition to his work at his firm, Mr. Bejar was an Adjunct Professor at the University of San Diego School of Law, directing the university's Immigration Law Clinic from 1994 to May 2013. A member of the San Diego County Bar Association and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), he formerly held the office of Vice Chapter Chair of the San Diego Chapter of AILA. Mr. Bejar's accomplishments and tireless advocacy for his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as a SuperLawyer for 10 years.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Certified since 1992
- California, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1983
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- M.A. - 1980
- University of California, San Diego, California
- B.A. - 1977
- Adjunct Professor and Director, University of San Diego School of Law, Immigration Law Clinic, 1994 to 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Immigration and Nationality Law Advisory Committee, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), San Diego Chapter, Former Vice Chapter Chair
We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.