San Diego Immigration Law Attorneys
If you or your family needs a compassionate, experienced and qualified attorney to handle your immigration issues, our law firm can help. One of the most rewarding parts of our jobs as attorneys is the opportunity to bring immigration families back together and skillfully assist clients with difficult issues. Our law firm is dedicated to providing the best legal solutions for our clients’ immigration matters.
At the Law Offices of Jan Joseph Bejar, A P.L.C., our attorneys are known for their honesty, experience and hard work. Located in San Diego, our law firm focuses exclusively on immigration visas and other matters throughout Southern California and the United States.
Our Experienced Attorneys Handle All Immigration Matters
Our San Diego immigration law attorneys provide legal representation for all types of immigration matters. From smaller cases requiring legal advice to complicated immigration appeals, our experienced attorneys have seen it all. We look for creative, intelligent and ethical solutions to provide our clients with the most favorable options for their circumstances. Our practice includes:
- Family-based immigration cases: We help bring families together by providing legal advice on all types of family-based immigration. We advise clients on the best way to obtain U.S. citizenship, move a family member to the U.S. and bring a fiancé to the United States. We also assist clients with correctly adjusting their status or getting green cards. When it comes to something as important as your family, you need to hire an experienced attorney to handle your matter to make sure you are all reunited.
- Business/employment-based immigration matters: Our law firm is experienced in assisting working individuals with employment-based visas. Our law firm can advise you on the best visa for your situation as well as how to expedite the process. We handle temporary visas as well as more permanent options.
- Deportation issues: If you are facing the possibility of deportation, our firm will provide an aggressive defense on your behalf. We will assert any defenses that are available and thoroughly prepare applications for any remedies or waivers that would allow you to stay in the United States.
Getting You The Information You Need
The immigration process is immensely complex, so we want to answer a few of the questions that our prospective clients frequently ask. We hope you find the information that you are looking for – if not, please reach out to us for more answers.
What are the requirements for U.S. citizenship?
You must meet certain eligibility criteria for a green card, you must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A lawful permanent resident for three to five years minimum
- A continuous resident with a physical presence in the U.S.
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Of good moral character
- Knowledgeable of U.S. government and history
- Loyal to the principles of the U.S. Constitution
- Willing to take an oath of allegiance to the U.S.
An immigration lawyer can sit down with you or speak with you over the phone to discuss whether you meet the requirements.
How do you get a Green Card?
If you do meet the eligibility criteria, the next step is to file your petition for a green card. This involves:
- Getting a relative to file Form I-I30 or an employer to file Form I-I40
- Applying for a visa at the U.S. embassy and travel to the U.S. if you live outside of the country.
- Filing Form I-485 if you currently live in the U.S. or Form DS-260 if you currently live outside the U.S.
- Paying various processing fees.
These steps sound simple, but they are immensely complicated. A small detail could ruin your petition and force you to start again.
Why choose the Law Offices of Jan Joseph Bejar, A P.L.C.?
There are plenty of immigration law firms in California. Why choose us? There are multiple reasons. First, we practice only immigration law, which gives us an incredibly in-depth understanding of the regulations that apply to you. In addition, our immigration attorneys have decades of combined experience. The firm has handled more than 5,000 cases. But what truly sets us apart is how much we care for each and every client.
Contact Our San Diego California Citizenship Lawyers
Whether you need help in protecting your right to live and work in the United States or you need legal assistance in bringing a family member to the United States, our immigration attorneys will handle your case with care. To contact an attorney at our San Diego office, call 619-291-1112 or contact us online.