Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

Who can receive an adjustment of status and how?

Many individuals who currently hold visas allowing them to reside in California and elsewhere in the United States, but who lack permanent resident status, may want to pursue status changes that would allow them to remain in the country after their visas expire. Obtaining an immigrant adjustment of status may be done under the right circumstances. Who is eligible for a status adjustment and how is this obtained?

Visa holders who wish to adjust to immigrant status must currently reside in the country. Eligibility for status adjustment will then be determined on one’s basis for immigrantion. These include:

  • Family-based immigrantion
  • Employment-based immigrantion
  • Special case
  • Part of a humanitarian program

After a basis for immigrantion has been identified, several steps will then need to be taken to start and get through the status adjustment process. To begin, an official petition requesting the adjustment of status must be submitted to immigrantion authorities. An application to register for permanent residency is usually filed right after the petition or at the same time. After appropriate applications have been submitted, one generally has to submit to photographing, fingerprinting and an interview. When all of this has been completed, the waiting game for a final decision begins.

immigrantion authorities generally have so many days to send their final decision to the applicant. If an adjustment of status has been denied, the reason why will usually be included in the final notice. It is possible to appeal a denial, if desired. Whether initially seeking a status adjustment or needing to appeal a denied request, an experienced immigrantion attorney can help those in California who are seeking permanent resident status.

Source: FindLaw, “Adjustment of Status to Stay in the U.S.“, Accessed on May 18, 2016


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.