Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

Who needs E-3 visas?

Before foreign nationals can enter the United States for work purposes, whether in California or elsewhere, these individuals will need to obtain the appropriate visas. For those coming from Australia in particular, E-3 visas will be required. How does one qualify for this visa type?

An E-3 visa may be granted to an Australian national who works in a specialty occupation. This detail is important, as it cannot be for any random occupation, but one that has required specialized training and at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Along with proof of skill level, one must show that he or she does, in fact, have a legitimate employment offer to work in the United States.

In order to apply for an E-3 visa, one will have to fill out the appropriate application. This is known as a Form-129 or Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker. With this form, one will have to send a Labor Condition Application (LCA), academic or other applicable credentials, a job offer letter and possibly the copy of a professional license. If an E-3 visa is ultimately granted, this will give the petitioner temporary worker status for two years. Those who have E-3 visas that are close to expiring can apply for extensions.

Those currently residing in California with E-3 visas that are about to expire, or Australian nationals looking to enter the country for work purposes can seek assistance from an experienced immigrantion attorney to get help with their visa needs. Obtaining such visas can take time. However, with the right help, individuals in need of these documents can make sure that their applications are completed properly and that any potential issues are addressed which can assist in speeding up the process.

Source:, “E-3 Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia“, Accessed on June 1, 2016


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.