Serving The Immigration Needs Of The San Diego Area Since 1984

How can I work in the United States?

On Behalf of | Jul 15, 2017 | Immigration Detention

It is a very serious and often troubling time for many people working in the United States, including many from the San Diego, California, area. President Donald Trump has made it well known of his intent to crack down on illegal immigrantion. He has already put a limit on yearly refugees, which has already met its yearly quota. He has also made repeated promises to “build the wall” between the United States and Mexico in an effort to limit illegal immigrantion.

Unfortunately, this will impact millions of workers throughout the United States. There are several ways one can avoid the possibility of deportation, but it is often necessary to obtain these permissions before entering the country. If you want to eventually obtain a permanent residence, you will need to apply for a green card. This will allow you to work anywhere in the United States. If you do not qualify for a green card, you may be able to obtain a temporary work visa.

You may wish to obtain employment-based immigrant visas, which are granted to approximately 140,000 people each year in the United States. Employment-based non-immigrant visas are typically offered to people who are deemed to be exception in their field. This could include elite doctors, celebrities or athletes.

If you are facing immigrantion charges, it is crucial for your family and your life and future to enter the courts with a strong defense. This might mean reaching out to a firm familiar with immigrantion and naturalization. If you are facing deportation and removal, understanding the severity is just the first step in what could ultimately prove to be a life-changing decision.

Post Type: Persuasive