Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

Applying for a TN Visa for work in the United States

Residents of Mexico and Canada who wish to enter the United States to work must first obtain a visa. Residents of these two countries are legally permitted to hold employment in the United States due to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The TN Visa, which is short for nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional, allows residents of Mexico and Canada to work in the country for predetermined business.

Those applying for a TN Visa must meet the following criteria if they wish to legally work in our country:

  • Applicant must be a legal resident of either Canada or Mexico
  • The applicant’s profession must appear on the approved list of business created by NAFTA
  • The job in the country requires a professional from NAFTA
  • The applicant will hold a job in a predetermined part-time or full-time position for the employer. Self-employment is not permitted
  • The applicant meets all the requirements, educational and experience-wise for the position

For the most part, Canadian residents do not require a TN Visa to enter the country for work. Mexican residents, on the other hand, do require a TN Visa to work in the United States under NAFTA.

An application for a TN Visa can be completed online. Interviews are required for applicants between the ages of 14 to 79. There are some exceptions to this requirement if the application is for a renewal.

Are you unsure if you can have your TN Visa extended? An experienced California immigrantion attorney will be able to explain the laws of the state and the federal government regarding this visa issue.

Source: U.S. Department of State, “Visas for Canadian and Mexican NAFTA Professional Workers,” accessed Sep. 12, 2017


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.