Law Offices of Jan Joseph Bejar A P.L.C.
Resolving Immigration Problems In An Honest & Responsible Manner

Temporary work visas: What's available and who do they apply to?

There are a number of temporary work visas available to workers who want to enter the United States from other countries and work. Different available routes to obtaining a work visa may be available to you depending on your situation.

Some of the most common work visas begin with the letter "H." Let's take a look at these H visas here:

H-1B Person in a Special Occupation: This visa allows entry to the United States for work purposes to people who have achieved distinguished merits in their careers. These individuals might be fashion models or highly educated intellectuals and others with highly specialized occupational skills -- particularly people with skills of interest to the Department of Defense and government research facilities.

H-1B1 Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Professional: This applies to individuals from Singapore and Chile who want to work in a specialty occupation. In order to qualify, you need to have a post-secondary degree that involves four years of study or more in a specialized field.

H-2A Temporary Agricultural Worker: This is a seasonal entry available only to people from designated countries, and only if entry is in the best interests of the United States.

H-2B Temporary Non-agricultural Worker: This is also only available to seasonal workers from limited countries and entry needs to be in the best interests of the United States.

H-3 Trainee or Special Education Visitor: This is an excellent option for people who want to get more training in the United States pertaining to the education of children who have physical, emotional or mental disabilities.

Do you want to enter the United States on a specialized temporary visa? The above and other options might be appropriate for your needs. A family immigration lawyer can assist you in reviewing the options available to you in this regard.

Source: U.S. Department of State, "Temporary Worker Visas," accessed Nov. 03, 2017

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Do You Have A Case Or Question?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Our Office

Law Offices of Jan Joseph Bejar, A P.L.C.
3230 Fifth Avenue
Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92103

Phone: 619-291-1112
Fax: 619-291-1102
Map & Directions

Review Us
Google Map