Serving The Immigration Needs Of The San Diego Area Since 1984

3 kinds of employment-based visas for the United States

On Behalf of | Aug 3, 2018 | Employment Immigration

If you want to immigrate to the United States, you might be able to do it in a professional capacity. The United States needs certain individuals with specific skills and abilities, and depending on the need for specific professions, you might be able to gain entry by virtue of your skills, education and experience.

Here are three categories of employment-based visas that you’ll want to consider:

Extra-ordinary abilities: If a visa applicant can prove his or her international or national acclaim in the arts, sciences, business, education or athletics due to a specific field of expertise — the individual might be able to secure a U.S. visa as long as he or she plans to continue to stay in the field of expertise after arriving in the United States.

Outstanding researchers and professors: Researchers and professors who have at least three years of researching and teaching experience can secure entry into the United States if they have international recognition. These individuals need to be entering the United States to seek tenuretrack teaching positions or similar research placements at Universities.

Multinational executives and managers: Managers and executives who’ve worked for at least a year with a U.S. company in its overseas offices, and who plan to continue working in a management capacity, may be able to qualify for an employment-based position.

If you want to move to the United States, makes sure you consider all of the potential ways that you could secure a visa. You might be surprised that a visa application strategy you had not yet considered will actually apply to your situation.