Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

What’s required to receive a green card or marriage-based visa?

One of the benefits of United States citizenship is the ability to bring your spouse to lawfully live with you in the United States as a result of being married. That said, just because you are married to someone does not mean that your spouse will automatically receive a visa. The visa application process could take time for your spouse to complete, and there could be some legal challenges to overcome, waiting times and a lot of paperwork.

For the purposes of finding more information about this type of visa in particular, applicants should refer to it as a “marriage-based green card” or a “marriage-based visa.” Here are the qualifications for eligibility for a marriage-based green card according to U.S. immigration rules:

  • You must prove that you are legally married and that the marriage satisfies the marriage requirements under U.S. immigration law.
  • You must prove that your marital agreement is “bona fide.” In other words, you did not simply marry a friend or partner for the purposes of obtaining a green card.
  • You can prove that your partner has U.S. citizenship or is a lawful permanent U.S. resident.
  • You can prove that you and your partner are not married to any other people.

Of course, the above information is merely a simplified overview of the requirements for obtaining a marriage-based visa to live and work within the United States. Many nuanced details of immigration law apply to each of the above requirements. If you want to obtain a marriage-based visa, you may want to learn more about the requirements by discussing the unique facts pertaining to your immigration case with a qualified immigration and attorney.


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.