Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

How family members can join immigrant relatives in the U.S.

Immigrants living in California can petition for their family members to join them as legal immigrants. However, their family members must meet certain qualifications before they can apply for a visa. Here’s how immediate family members can apply to join their relatives in the United States.

How can immigrants petition for their family to join them in the United States?

Family members can apply for two types of visas: immediate relative visas and family preference visas. There’s no limit to the number of immediate relatives who can apply for a visa. However, they must be the spouse of a U.S. citizen, the unmarried child of a citizen, a child who was adopted by a U.S. citizen or the parent of an adult U.S. citizen. If they meet these qualifications, they can apply for a visa and start the family immigration process.

Other family members can apply for a visa, but their options are more limited. Only a certain number of family preference visas can be requested each year. An individual might qualify for a family preference visa if they’re the unmarried child of a U.S. citizen with children of their own, the married child of a U.S. citizen with a spouse and children who also want to become citizens, or the sibling of a U.S. citizen. They can also apply for a family preference visa if they’re the child or spouse of a legal permanent resident.

How might an attorney help your family immigrate to the United States?

The laws surrounding immigration to the United States may be difficult to understand, and they change frequently. Fortunately, an attorney may be able to help your family members apply for visas and immigrate legally to the United States. An attorney may help with other issues like applying for citizenship, applying for a green card and more.


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.