Serving The Immigration Needs Of The San Diego Area Since 1984

Why do entertainers move to the United States?

On Behalf of | Apr 11, 2022 | Employment Immigration

The world becomes more of a global marketplace every day. Even so, many professional entertainers, such as musicians or athletes, will move to the United States. There are even specific visas and other documentation that they can use to be granted entry to the country due to their status as entertainers.

But it’s not just the fact that getting into the U.S. is easier if you’re an entertainer, since you have access to that type of visa. Why do people choose to come to the U.S. rather than living abroad?

It could just be a temporary trip

In some cases, people just come temporarily. They may come to coach others or teach, or they may come as part of a group. If you are doing something that is culturally unique, you can use a P-3 Visa classification. It has been specifically designed for this situation.

They may be joining a like-minded community

Other times, entertainers want to live and work around others who are in the same sort of community or the same sort of industry. For instance, most people who want to work in the film industry will try to move to California, settling in Los Angeles or Hollywood. The reason for this is simply that it has become the epicenter of the modern film world. Technically, they could work making movies in any country, but they know that the jobs they really want to get are going to be available in the U.S.

They could be looking for a bigger audience

Finally, many entertainers are just trying to look for the biggest possible audience so that they can capitalize on their skill and their creativity. If they come from a smaller country, they may know that they can be much more successful if they’re based in the United States. They may also know that becoming famous in the United States will help that fame spread around the rest of the world. This is one of the side effects of the globalization that has been taking place over the decades.

What steps do you need to take?

If you are interested in moving to the U.S. to work as an entertainer, you need to carefully consider all of the legal steps you need to take, the documentation that is required and how to get everything in order first.