Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

How can naturalization be expedited for military spouses?

San Diego is a city with a heavy military population and many people who are deployed or stationed overseas for a time. In many instances, people who are deployed overseas will decide to marry a foreign national. A concern for these military members is the ability to get naturalization for their spouse in an expedited manner. Understanding the criteria for this to take place is key.

The spouse of a U.S. citizen who is a member of the military while that person is deployed or will be deployed can get expedited naturalization based on the immigrantion and Nationality Act (INA), Section 319(b).

There are certain rules that must be adhered to for the person to be eligible to apply under this section. The applicant must be 18 or older. It must be established that the spouse is deployed as a member of the armed services. And, the person must be present in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident when the interview regarding the application is given.

When the person is naturalized, he or she must declare in good faith that the process is due to the intention to live with the spouse while he or she is abroad and then live in the U.S. when the spouse’s service ends. He or she must be able to speak, read and write English. There must be a basic knowledge of the history of the U.S. and the government. And, the person must be of good moral character, follow the principles outlined in the Constitution and be able to adhere to the principles for good order in the U.S.

It might be confusing and worrisome to have a foreign national as a spouse and wonder how to handle the situation when returning from deployment, but it is possible for the spouse to be naturalized in an expedited manner provided the requirements be met. For help with this issue or any other matter related to naturalization and family immigrantion, a qualified attorney is invaluable.

Source:, “Citizenship for Spouses and Children of Military Members — Expedited Naturalization for Spouses of Military Members,” accessed on June 26, 2017


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.