Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

What you need to know about adjustment of your immigration status

The U.S. immigration process is complicated. Confusing phrases and official forms are just some of the obstacles you will have to navigate. One phrase you are likely to hear a lot is “adjustment of status.” Put simply, this phrase refers to when an immigrant receives their green card and becomes a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

The path toward adjustment of status

There are a few paths you can take to adjust your immigration status. One of the more common ways is through marriage to a U.S. citizen. Another potential avenue is to have a family member residing in the U.S. file a petition of support.

If you receive a visa through marriage to a U.S. citizen, you can apply for an adjustment of status almost immediately. If you are attempting to get an adjustment of status through a petition of support filed by a family member, the process can take a long time.

Whether you seek permanent residency through marriage or through a family member, the person who is sponsoring you must first complete an I-130 petition. This petition states that they will provide you with financial support when you are granted permanent residency.

You will have to complete an I-485 application after the I-130 petition has been filed. You will receive your green card and become a lawful permanent resident of the United States when your application has been approved.

Seeking an adjustment of status is not without risk

Seeking an adjustment of status could result in your deportation. You will need to be especially careful if you have any type of criminal record. It’s important that you work closely with a skilled immigration law professional to help avoid any potential trouble areas.


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.