Due to the health risks posed by the Corona Virus tragedy, our office is following the directives of the governor of California in order to minimize the risks to our staff, our clients and our community. Our office will continue to operate fully, as it has thus far, observing our normal schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will continue to schedule appointments to meet with clients and will do this via ZOOM or Telephone only.

If you would like to schedule an appointment with any of our lawyers or staff members, please do so by calling our office at 619-291-1112. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.


Debido a los riesgos para la salud planteados por la tragedia del Virus Corona, nuestra oficina está siguiendo las directivas del gobernador de California para minimizar los riesgos para nuestro personal, nuestros clientes y nuestra comunidad. Nuestra oficina seguirá funcionando a pleno, como lo ha hecho hasta ahora, cumpliendo con nuestro horario habitual, de lunes a viernes de 8:30 a.m. a 5:30 p.m. Continuaremos programando citas para reunirnos con los clientes y lo haremos solo a través de ZOOM o por teléfono.

Si desea programar una cita con alguno de nuestros abogados o miembros del personal, hágalo llamando a nuestra oficina al 619-291-1112. También puede contactarnos por correo electrónico a [email protected]

Gracias por su comprensión.

Resolving Immigration ProblemsIn An Honest & Responsible Manner

Getting a green card through your employer

Getting a Green Card through your employer is one way to come to the United States as a lawful worker. If you stay in the country for long enough, you may also be able to become a lawful permanent resident or seek citizenship.

There are three employment-based visa categories that put workers in groups based on whom the country would like to have come to work there. These categories include:

  • First preference priority workers
  • Second preference workers
  • Third preference workers

First preference workers come to the United States on EB-1 visas. These workers are considered to have extraordinary skills in education, business, the arts, the sciences or in athletics. They may be recognized as outstanding researchers or professors. Sometimes, executives and managers of multinational corporations fit into this category.

The next category is reserved for those holding jobs in professions requiring advanced degrees. This category may also include those with exceptional abilities.

Finally, the EB-3 category is for any skilled worker or professional who remains.

If you are approved to come to the United States on a Green Card, it may be one of these. If you’re seeking the EB-1 visa, then you need to show that you have extraordinary abilities in that category. Some of the requirements include having evidence that you have been recognized internationally or nationally, that you have contributed in a significant way to your field or that you have had your work displayed in a showcase or exhibition, for example.

Each kind of visa has different set requirements. It’s a good idea to speak with your employer about getting sponsored, because someone else will need to file your initial Green Card application on your behalf from the United States. This is Ford I-485. The person who sponsors you for that Green Card may be an employer or another party, in some cases, depending on your circumstances.

If you have a job offer and would like to come to the United States, then your employer should already be prepared to sponsor your application. Your attorney can help you with the details if you are ready to proceed.


We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.