San Diego Fiancé Visa Lawyers

It is your right as a U.S. citizen to marry the individual of your choice regardless of his or her country of origin or citizenship. As a U.S. citizen you can petition to bring your fiancé back to the United States and begin a life here together. Our experienced lawyers can help you file the proper paperwork; we have more than 25 years of experience assisting clients with these types of immigration matters.

At the Law Offices of Jan Joseph Bejar, A Professional Law Corporation, we care about our clients and want to help them with their immigration issues so that they can move forward with the security of proper immigration status. Aliens who want to acquire status in the U.S. are almost always interviewed by the authorities. Being properly represented and prepared for the interview provide each client the tools and security to best navigate the situation. Situated in San Diego, California, our law firm assists clients throughout the United States with their immigration matters.

What are the Requirements for the K-1 Fiancé Visa?

The fiancé visa, or the K-1 visa, is very different from all of the other visa options. One of the individuals has to be a United States citizen and the other individual must be outside of the United States. In most cases, the couple must have met in person within two years before filing the paperwork, and both individuals must be legally free and able to marry. Finally, the U.S. citizen must provide his or her criminal record, if any.

The United States citizen petitions for the K-1 visa. Once the petition is approved, the foreign national fiancé applies for the visa at a consulate, undergoing a rigorous interview to determine if he or she is eligible to enter the United States. The visa allows a one-time entry into the United States for the purpose of getting married. Once the couple is reunited in the United States, the parties have 90 days to legally marry each other and apply for adjustment of status. For a period of two years the immigrant spouse will have conditional residency in the United States, which can be changed into permanent residency.

A frequent mistake made by couples is the setting of a wedding date in the United States. They often assume that the visa will be granted immediately or will be granted within a certain time, and their estimates are oftentimes unrealistic as they are unfamiliar with the time and requirements needed to successfully process a fiancé visa request. While the USCIS website provides estimated processing times, they are often inaccurate and do not take into consideration the processing of the request by the state department.

Contact San Diego California K-1 Visa Immigration Attorneys

If you are getting married to an individual from another country, you likely need help with filing the paperwork. Our San Diego fiancé visa attorneys can provide experienced guidance through the process. Contact us by email or call our office at 619-291-1112 to schedule a personal consultation.

We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

For our clients’ convenience we offer English and Spanish speaking services.

Trump administration now wants to replace properly trained and experienced asylum officers with Border Patrol officers with 5 weeks training to conduct credible fear interviews. Quality and justice once again sacrificed for speed by Trump.

Jóvenes DACA en peligro.
Los jóvenes que se han visto beneficiados con el programa DACA se podrán ver perjudicados si no renuevan su DACA antes del fallo de la corte suprema de la nación que será en junio de 2020.
Lo recomendable es que se renueve dicho permiso aún si el permiso vence despues de la fecha del fallo de la corte que sera en junio de 2020.